Thursday, December 2, 2010

oakley kitchen sink backpack

My season's greetings to you continues. Now I'm wondering if I can get through 24 ridiculously frivolous gift ideas right up until our Lord's birth. Should be fun.

Being the (ahem, international) road warrior that I am, I've been really enamored with Oakley's Kitchen Sink backpack since I saw it in an in-flight Delta magazine a few months ago.

While the bag offers a ton of components, I don't think most of us need anything so complex. Its utility is lost in its own usefulness. That doesn't make any sense, and I just confused myself. But that's what makes this bag so fresh; backpacks aren't supposed to be confusing - until NOW.

I mean, look at this thing. It looks more like a weapon than anything else. The bag also appears heavier than anything you might actually store inside of it.

How can you want anything else after digesting these notable features:

The KITCHEN SINKBACKPACK offers every conceivable innovation, from a mobile phone pocket to a padded sleeve that holds a laptop up to 17". The top storage compartment is compression molded to protect eyewear — or use it for a media player and take advantage of the headphone port. Cable zipper pulls let you add a lock to secure the main compartment. The mid-body access flap includes an inner organizer, and a compartment at the bottom has drainage ports for wet or soiled items. You also get plenty of pockets, attachment points and tie downs.

It's a pretty steep price tag for a backpack, but there are some online retailers that offer it for much less than Oakley.

Thanks for stopping by. Why am I so ridiculous?

One random thought du jour: All of these image URLs that I'm posting on my blog, these items or websites will one day be discontinued, and all I'll have to look at are some ugly boxes with a red 'X'. I should think about downloading all of these for posterity.
Return to the GreensandBrowns home page.

No comments: