Saturday, December 4, 2010

burberry check skinny tie(s) for my neck

More gift ideas.

Burberry ties are nothing new. I actually pilfered one on eBay for a cool $35 a couple of years ago (yes, it's a genuine make). But I only recently discovered that Burberry offers a chic line of skinny ties. It's a desirable marriage of their traditional branding and contemporary styling. Who knows when skinny ties will go by the wayside again - it's taken decades to make its triumphant return, but these ties in particular may be able to stand the test of time and endure the wrong side of the cycle when we devolve back to its thick, clumsy and evil twin brother.

For the wintry months, I prefer these bolder, darker colors. And then for the warmer seasons, great to follow up with some of the lighter pastels, including the ubiquitous tartan pattern (but keep it thin). And when I say "prefer" I really mean "plan to buy".

There are some nay-sayers out there who might tell you that a $150 tie is a ridiculous amount to pay for an accessory with no functionality. I have no rebuttal; they are right. But if wearing a Burberry skinny tie is wrong, I just never want to be right.

Thanks for stopping by.

Return to the GreensandBrowns home page.

No comments: