Friday, December 5, 2008

an ode to my words



Dear Thanksgiving 2008,

I forgot to reflect last week on all of the things that I'm thankful for. Here are some things that I am thankful for:
  • The Dark Knight
  • Pandora Radio rekindling my obsessive relationship with The Beatles. Although getting a ton of Rolling Stones tracks is weak
  • Google Chrome shaving microseconds with each web page load. All of that time adds up
  • 49ers fire Mike Nolan
  • My insistence on liking lamb (success!)
  • The Dark Knight
Also, I am thankful for this blog. 

It allows me to dump all of my creative impulses and acknowledge that they shouldn't be shared beyond this medium. This is a great thing. There have been too many instances over the years in which my verbal words have lacked thought and consideration. Written words are premeditated; I mean everything I write. And as the volume of my postings continue to increase, I trust that I will have said something meaningful somewhere along the line. If I don't, well, at least I didn't say it out loud.

So, Mr. GreensandBrowns, you have been good to me in the first two months of our courtship. As the work week drew to a close today, I could think of no other way to commemorate it than to come home and write.

That is all.

Return to GreensandBrowns home page.

No comments: