Thursday, December 18, 2008

better than this - mark titus

I have done some environmental scanning of the type of online content that you, the reader, may be viewing as an alternative to the microseconds of entertainment that I provide once or twice a week. After an initial audit, I must concede that GreensandBrowns is utterly boring and is void of any utility.

Will I cry about it? A little. Will I quit? No way, it's much too fun, and it would be disappointing to all of the reader. 

I evolve. I'll try to offer some semblance of value here by sharing humorous content that I come across. The lone criterion to appear in this section is for me to wish that I had created said content myself. (Sidebar to prove my point: John Lennon was envious of Paul McCartney's beautiful "Oh! Darling". He tried in vain to sing on the track but that arrangement, available on the 3rd Anthology album, was eventually canned, and he later claimed that he would have been better suited for the song. I love Lennon but c'mon). Thus, I'd rather not sulk about G&B's limitations.

On that note, here is my first offering: Club Trillion (for basketball lovers)

This guy is a bench warmer on Ohio State's basketball team and only recently began to pen his experiences in that role. In this short time, he has been recognized nationally, and even appeared on a Bill Simmons (I really need to stop mentioning The Sports Guy) podcast for his irreverence and talent with the written word. To be funny out loud is one thing. To master comedy through vocabulary and syntax is something entirely different and in my opinion, incredibly difficult. On top of that, this dude is like 21 or 22. I spent a solid couple of hours at work yesterday reading every single post (there aren't that many as of yet) and combating fits of laughter.

And you will chuckle too when you discover what Club Trillion is - an ingenious statistic conceived by he and his buddies. It could have only been devised by a gang of college kids with too much time on their hands. I applaud you, Mark Titus. 

Return to GreensandBrowns home page.

No comments: