Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween 2008 in San Francisco

Promoting Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons". Also, last time my beloved Olympus camera was seen


I hadn't dressed up for Halloween since 2003 and thus, approached Halloween 2008 with a high level of anticipation. ML and I had to scrap our original idea of dressing up as Robin (both of us) as we learned that a friend had already planned for the same thing. We didn't want to blow her away with our interpretation and thus had to quickly shift gears. 

ML went ahead and bought a seductive devil costume so I tried to be as cheeky as possible and put together an Angel costume. My budget didn't allow for wings and a halo, but I did manage to collect enough hodge podge items to make a successful contrast (as long as I took the time to explain that I was the light to ML's playful darkness). The creative process was the real fun, and we have already made some mental notes about next year's costumes. Additionally, I really enjoy days when the entire city moves in unison. Halloween is one such night with all sorts lurking the streets, eager to show off their clever creations.

Some of the better costumes seen during the night:
  • A Mario Kart posse
  • Girl dressed as red lego brick using just carboard, red wrapping paper and plastic Solo cups
  • Deal or No Deal model
  • Peter Pan and Tinkerbell with animated hair made out of felt
Lastly, the passing of Halloween brings forth the homestretch of 2008. This was confirmed tonight for me as I heard Christmas music at the supermarket. The weather grows a little colder and lights shine a littler brighter. It's a good time.

Return to GreensandBrowns home page.

No comments: