Monday, January 2, 2012

hakushu 12 years

Just a couple of weeks ago, my doctor requested that I reduce my alcohol consumption for a short period of time. His timing couldn't be worse as we headed full steam into the holiday imbibing season, but alas, I'm a dutiful and frightened patient. Now, I'm not exactly sure what he meant by 'reduce', but I've miraculously committed to sobriety since his scrooge-like mandate. And while I continue to abstain from my God-given right to drunkenness (for the time being), it would seem appropriate to commence the new year with a quick, mindless post about a new alcohol that I've discovered.

This is not a tasting note on the Hakushu 12 year that you see below. It remains unopened and sits regally on our bookshelf. It calls to me in the night like something that calls something in the dark. It's fairly new to the United States and I have yet to see it carried by large vendors. I'm intrigued by its green bottle and look forward to comparing it to the Yamazaki 12 years. I imagine it will be a bit lighter with less smoke. But I can only speculate. These are dark times friends.

Thanks for stopping by!


Return to the GreensandBrowns home page.

hakushu 12 years

No comments: