Saturday, January 17, 2009

"we're just dancing"

ESPN recently compiled the best of their "This is Sportscenter" television promos into an hour-long special that aired over the holidays. Fortunately, they are housing some of the very best on their website as well which can be found here. There have been some classics over the years, but I think this one has to be my all-time favorite (unfortunately, I couldn't locate a better quality version on espn.com:



Dude, I'm not sure how Karl Ravich (right) got a hold of a go-to move in the GreensandBrowns clubbing arsenal, but let's give him a pass on this one. He's just dancing.

One thing on Gheorge Muresan: At the end of his playing career, his agent urged my uncle, a doctor in the greater Washington D.C. area, to sign a release clearing Muresan to play that would have allowed for him to meet a playing cause in his contract. Muresan's knees coudln't handle all of the stress from his body, but the agent didn't care. My uncle refused. That story is as accurate as I can remember - he told me about it like five years ago. This is the same uncle that preliminarily examined Joe Theisman after Lawrence Taylor snapped his leg like a twig.

Return to GreensandBrowns home page.

No comments: