Monday, January 19, 2009

seafood paella



Don't buy shellfish late at night

ML and I executed a seafood paella from a recipe we found online over the weekend. An oversight on our part prevented this dish from being something truly spectacular on the GreensandBrowns menu. 

We shopped for groceries fairly late, and the majority of the 1 lb. littleneck clams purchased at Andronico's failed to open during the cooking process (they were dead). Thus, some of the clam juice that we expected the rice to soak up never occurred. Unfortunate, but I would still consider this a successful dish. The snapper and shrimp were nicely cooked and the saffron provided a subtly powerful aroma. We have a lot of leftover saffron threads for future use in Spanish/Mediterranean cuisine.

Funny thing, ML always tells me that she will be my 'sous chef' whenever I fancy a home-cooked meal. I somehow always find myself tasked with things like peeling shrimp, dicing and chopping vegetables, washing ML's feet, etc. Keeping to the basics...

Return to GreensandBrowns home page.

2 comments:

debbie said...

is it me or is andronico's super expensive and overall not worth it?

is it me or do you have a foot fetish?

PJS said...

Dear Whistleblower,

G&B appreciates your inquiry.

Andronico's is definitely expensive and not the caliber of a Whole Foods. However, it is walking distance from the Pink Chateau, and we can still find items there that Safeway does not carry.

And no, we here at G&B do not have a foot fetish, unless you are referring to the Foot Clan from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (but not entirely sure how you could glean that from the blog).

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Kindly,
The GreensandBrowns Team