Friday, October 10, 2008

really, let's remember this...


The first entry in a blog can be pretty intimidating. It really says so much about what one may be most interested in. I have attempted to blog in the past and concluded that I really didn't have much to say. Additionally, I feel that there is too much nonsensical content in the blogosphere. If you aren't an expert at something, don't write about it. 

Thus, I intend to be a hypocrite of sorts. I will blog. But I will blog because I want to be an expert on my life...My life and it's subtle movements, a collection of tangents that ultimately shapes my views and quietly confirms my existence.

As more time passes, I feel a stronger sensation to document my life as it is now, and as it will be tomorrow. There are life stories that I have already completely forgotten. And it's not that those narratives are necessarily forgettable, but rather, they are accidentally discarded. When others recall those moments, I tuck away their memory. Similarly, there are the stories I can recount, but my perception of them overtime must change the real emotions and thoughts experienced. It is never a deliberate intent, but a certainty of organizing these affairs in my head.

Shifting gears a bit, I am currently in the market for a digital SLR and envision that this blog will evolve more into a photo journal. There will often be lapses in timely updates for sure, and even times when I deviate from the picture format as I can be a bit verbose when the mood strikes me. Most importantly, long gone are my romantic notions of sipping tea at a cafe and scribbling notes and doodles into a moleskin journal. I am no Hemingway, no matter how delusional my escapist daydreams are at times.

Nevertheless, I plan to embrace my emotions, my plans, and images as they continue to seep out. Tomorrow or the day after, I will look upon this and laugh or shake my head in embarrassment (hopefully a little of both). That is my intent.

Today: I am 27, at home sick from work and have no accountability to anything at the moment. I am fantasizing about an extended sojourn to some exotic location, but alas, I am most comfortable lying on my bed and staring at my olive green wall. I am waiting for ML to come home so we can play house for the weekend.

I walked around my neighborhood earlier this morning and was fortunate enough to bask in the warm October sun that invigorates this city before winter's harshness takes hold. It really makes me wonder what else I could be doing on all of these days when I am holed away at work, with no idea of how life is living without me. Sick days always remind me of Tranformers. Thanks Prime for being my childhood's voice of morality.

Eff this, I'll blog about whatever I want...

No comments: