Tuesday, May 10, 2011

reception menu


We're in the home stretch. Years from now, in a completely unrelated argument,
Emmelle will remind me about how I spent the week prior to our wedding week in New York, physically displaced from our last minute preparatory needs. Even now, I regret not being available for this critical stretch.

There are still a few items that need tidying up, but we fortunately completed one key task yesterday - our reception drink and food menus. I actually created these in PowerPoint, and Emmelle purchased a special card stock (approved after testing paper softness by rubbing on our chests and cheeks) for home printing. It makes me wonder if we could have gone this route for our invitations and saved a little coin. But at this late stage in the game, those completed details aren't an issue; I just might make the suggestion for future husband-wives to be.

Anyway, our menu consists of Asian-inspired dishes to complement the Japanese Tea Garden where the reception will take place. The small bites served during the cocktail hour are consistent with the yellow peoples' theme as well (But our theme is purple, so it's actually quite confusing). Many of the dishes have been replaced since our tasting from several months ago, so I'm a little curious how everything will turn out. I've personally never had a memorable dining experience at a wedding so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the food is forgettable - in the best way possible.

I'm still keen on the idea of serving kimchee and sriracha sauce in some way. Emmelle is vehemently opposed to this idea. I speculate that it has nothing to do with tackiness, but mostly because these essential food items are red and not in line with our purple (and yellow) color scheme. I'll have to put in a special request for radicchio kimchee; the cock sauce can't be salvaged in this situation.

I'll leave this post with some menu ideas that the bride vetoed on the draft table. I thought it would be great if we could elevate the Asian cuisine theme by giving each dish a suitable Asian-inspired name. The names in parentheses, as you can see, did not make it to print:

pork & chive dumplings (dragon droppings preserved in small intestine casing)
shaking beef (panda loin, cubed)
vietnamese style garlic prawns (tiger cub penis)
thai eggplant (jellied thai elephant bone marrow)
asparagus (green-dyed crane legs)

Thanks for stopping by!

Return to the GreensandBrowns home page.

No comments: