Friday, March 25, 2011

love letter

I remember a summer's day
I remember walking up to you
I remember my face turned red
And I remember staring at my feet
I remember before we met
I remember sitting next to you
And I remember pretending I wasn't looking

So we'll try and try
Even if it lasts an hour
With all our might
We'll try and make it ours
Cause we're on our way
We're on our way to fall in love

I remember conversations that only you will understand. The ones we've shared quietly drifting off to sleep, the ones that we laughed at together when the light turns green.

I remember decisions that we made. The ones that mean something. The ones that will impact tomorrow and the day after. Cabrillo. Lima. Madeleine cookies...


I remember watching the sun dry up the March rain and being happy. I remember my body splayed across my large bed and being happy that it's only for a moment.

I remember feeling that it's almost time and being happy.

Return to the GreensandBrowns home page.

No comments: