Tuesday, April 9, 2013

day two of ten on the east coast


So night one actually ended with a trip to the hotel bar and a dram of Yamazaki 18 – a single malt that I’m currently seeking for my home collection (and is getting exceedingly difficult to find). I thought the $25 pour at a hotel bar of all places was a fantastic price.

Day two consisted of some heavy planning and rehearsal for a new business pitch for the following day. As such, I wasn’t interested in getting into any sort of trouble, so I sadly ended my evening early by grabbing some (not-so-great) takeout Japanese food and eating in my hotel room. It’s one of the more pathetic things that you can do – eating by your lonesome in your tiny room. I tried really hard to get some rest but this proves more and more difficult. As I get incrementally older, I find jet lag getting more severe.

These are small things that I notice about how my body is starting to breakdown. And I don’t mean that dramatically, just simply that there are subtle physical changes taking place if I pay close enough attention.

All pretty exciting stuff, right? Life and times of GreensandBrowns on the road.
More importantly, let’s talk airline miles! I think I’ll be adding another NYC trip to this list very soon:



No comments: