Sunday, March 22, 2009

la ciccia - san francisco (noe valley)



For the most part, I try to avoid upscale Italian restaurants. Most Italian dining experiences haven't been that special to me which has always saddened this noodle enthusiast. Noodles of all kinds are an integral part of my overall well-being. I think about it as much as any inanimate object in my life. I digress...

I usually feel like I could replicate a $30 pasta dish with relative ease in my own kitchen (Yes, I am that good). Even the more popular and highly rated destinations in North Beach have never left a lasting impression. All I ask for is a little creativity and perfectly cooked al dente noodles. Is this too much to ask?

I found this recently, far away from the lights and noise of North Beach.

La Ciccia, a Sardinian restaurant in Noe Valley, is my new BFF (Can you share a bromance with a restaurant?). Sardinia is an island off of Italy so it's a tasty marriage between Italian cuisine and seafood. This place is fantastic and easily the best Italian restaurant I've been to in San Francisco (I think I can categorize this place as an Italian establishment). And since I've never been to Italy, this is probably the best pasta I've had. Ever. Perhaps my words appear a bit over-zealous, but really, La Ciccia's offerings deserve the drama. I can't say enough good things about this place. 

The highlight of our succulent evening had to be a spaghetti dish prepared with a fish roe (below). I'm not a fan of spaghetti noodles, but this place is different. Go taste for yourself. And take me with you please.



Return to the
GreensandBrowns home page.

No comments: