Saturday, March 30, 2013

beef braised short ribs

We've officially hit the one year mark on our condo investment out here in West Oakland. There’s something about owning your own place that encourages you to stay home on weekend nights. And to explain a bit further, the best off those times are spent in the kitchen slow cooking for long hours and drinking classy (expensive) booze. As we get older, I’ve certainly adopted the mantra to “eat and drink less, spend more”. That’s not a real phrase, but it’s not an unknown concept either (I’ll work on making it punchier).

But that's essentially the best parts of our life these days. At least I think so. So the search for new (easy) and flavorful recipes and cooking techniques is a true pursuit.


beef braised short ribs

Recently, I stumbled upon this fantastic beef short rib recipe and have had great success with it. It’s basically a one pot meal and takes nothing more than a dutch oven and time (you might also consider some short ribs, aromatics, a bottle of cab and chicken stock). This particular recipe pairs the meat with a parsnip puree but the first time I tried it, I basically made a bowl of minty glue. I haven't made an attempt since.  

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: